16-Year-Old Student Stabbed To Death By His Classmate While Testing The Superiority Of His Charm

16-Year-Old Student Stabbed To Death By His Classmate While Testing The Superiority Of His Charm

A 16-year-old secondary school student in Ekiti state has died
following serious injuries he sustained when himself and his fellow
classmate were testing the superiority of their charms on Thursday,
December 6th.

According to reports, the deceased, Mathew Favour and the culprit,
Kehinde Timilehin, both students of Ado Grammar School in Ado Ekiti, the
state capital, were said to have engaged in a dispute over the
ownership of a ball before it degenerated into an argument over who had
more portent charms.

Eyewitnesses say the deceased initiated the test for superiority of
charms when he rushed to his home and brought a small axe and a knife
wrapped in a white and red scarf  and dared his colleague to fight with
him. The colleague overpowered him and in the process, stabbed him in
the chest with his knife.

Favour, an indigene of Ebira in Kogi state, was rushed to the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital where he died.

Speaking on the incident, the principal of the scool, Ebenezer
Falayi, said the incident  occurred at about  2.15pm after the school
had closed .

“This incident really saddened us because it could have been avoided.
What I gathered from students who were at the spot of the gory incident
was that the duo were arguing over who had superior power and the
deceased had earlier gone home to bring all those weapons which could
not pierce the suspect when used on him. I was told that the suspect 
later overpowered him,  collected the  weapons and stabbed  the victim
in the chest. Our teachers, including myself, my Vice and Registrar
alongside other teachers who were resident on campus here rushed him to
EKSUTH. We even took the suspect along.

The victim was put on life support, but that could not help the
situation, he died in the hospital. I had to quickly call the DPO of Odo
Ado Police Station who reinforced his men and contacted the police
station at Oke Ila to prevent the suspect  from being killed by highly
enraged  family members of the deceased. The hospital insisted on doing
the autopsy before releasing  the corpse but the family resisted this.
They later released the corpse to the family when it nearly caused
trouble in the hospital. The police also took the suspect into custody.
But I had to beg for security beef up around the school when there was a
threat that 30 students will be killed in a reprisal attack
today(Friday),’’ he said.