Cooking Gas Explosion Kills Unical Graduate Awaiting NYSC

Cooking Gas Explosion Kills Unical Graduate Awaiting NYSC

Mildred Amadi, a fresh Computer Science graduate of the University of
Calabar, Cross River State, died this morning, following a cooking gas
explosion which occurred on the 27th of December, 2018.

According
to her cousin, Mildred, who was meant to go for her NYSC in March, 2019,
had gone to braid her hair at a multipurpose hall in Rukpokwu
rumuiwechiorlu, Port harcourt, Rivers state.

While
there, a boy was said to have turned on a camp gas and stepped out to
get a lighter. Upon his return, he was warned against igniting the
burner of the camp gas, since so much gas had already escaped.

However,
the boy ignored the warnings and told them that nothing would happen.
But immediately he ignited it, there was an explosion and Mildred was
badly affected.

She was later rushed to Bridgestone Hospital, Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt, where she died this morning.

According
to the cousin, Mildred, the only daughter of her mom, never wanted to
make her hair but her mom persuaded her to, so that she would look good.